The luxe look for less

Thursday 19 June 2014

Real Techniques Haul

This post is going to be about me raving about Real Technique brushes so I apologise now.

Starting off in makeup my sister in law introduced me to a set of brushes from ASDA, these brushes are what I used for the past couple of years, and trust me they were really good, soft and with minimal shedding. (These brushes only tend to be available around christmas in the gift section, they are £10, but if you wait until the 26th of December they are £5.00.)

Then I stumbled across PIXIWOO's channel on You-Tube (click here to check them out) and saw these brushes. I decided to treat my self for my birthday last year so I purchased the base collection and eye collection and they are the best brushes I have ever used, I honestly cannot say a bad thing about them. If you want to take your make-up game to the next level these are the brushes you need. They are amazing, they help create a flawless base, without adding too much product.

When I saw that there were new brushes available I couldn't help myself.


I purchased the Complexion Sponge, Retractable Bronzer Brush and the Retractable Lip Brush.


The Bronzer brush is super soft, dense retractable and comes with a lid, what more could a girl want. The base of the brush is sturdy and is just the right fit for your hand. This brush is dual fiber and very versatile so it can be used to apply cream product, power foundation and even liquid foundation. This is 100% a handbag staple for me.


The lip brush is soft has a tapered tip so it really give you a precise application. Its great for applying lipsticks and lip-stains, especially those that are matte and are a little difficult to apply. I love that it has a lid too so its protected from dust and germs. Its great to pop into your makeup bag if you are out and about using a lip pallete.




My favourite product of the haul has to be the Miracle Complexion Sponge. I had never tried a beauty sponge before, as I really didn't think I would like it (I'm so used to brushes). I was so surprised at the flawless application this product provides. The shape of the sponge allows it to be used for contouring, foundation application and covering imperfections. Since I started using this sponge I have not used a makeup brush for foundation application, I am now a beauty sponge convert.


If you buy any brushes this year, then you really need to check out Real Techniques Brushes, they are soooo good.

Have you tried any Real Technique Brushes?
Whats your favourite brush?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig